Scientist specialized in data visualization at the university medical faculty Dresden. Trainer and consultant for life science data visualization. Lecturer for bioinformatics Berlin Hochschule für Technik.
- Undergraduate training RNA biology. Art education.
- PhD thesis at EMBL Heidelberg, scientist at the Max-Planck in Dresden.
- Topic: genome-scale analysis of RNAs in cells. I demonstrated that 20% of the expressed mRNAs enrich at specific sites in a cell, both in the cytoplasm and nucleus. These enrichment sites are important for cellular organization. For example in fruit flies, enriched RNAs determines whether a mother fly can have children and even grand-children! I also looked in detail at small molecular motifs that control this subcellular organization of RNAs.
- My postdoc work can be found here: Dresden Ovary Table.
- Publications: ORCID account.